Have you ever wondered if there is a way to correct the shape of your teeth or improve their color simply and painlessly?
Well, we have good news for you: it is possible today. The dental veneers have indeed been a real success since the mid-2000s and you are more likely to consider asking you. If you find your unsightly smile or the tint of your teeth uncomfortable to look at, then this solution is potentially for you.
Still little known, it is an effective and economical alternative to dental prostheses such as crowns or implants and other composites, which is installed on existing damaged teeth. For patients who want to find a nice smile, so it is an easy solution, without great pain, and very quick to implement.
In addition, in terms of price, this innovative solution is much cheaper than using dentures: the rates are 1.5 to 2 times lower and the result is often striking.
What is a dental veneer?
It looks like a very small shell (it has the shape of a small tile) often made of ceramic and sometimes composite: this shell is used by the best dentist in Delhi to cover the visible part of the tooth.
Thanks to this method, it is thus easy to hide defects and thus change the color of the teeth, their alignment or their shape. The facets are intended, of course, only for the front and visible teeth. No need to consider this kind of products for molars in the back of the mouth!
Of course, they must be made to measure to offer you an optimal result, a natural effect and especially a long life.
In which cases to ask veneers?
They can be useful in many cases:
- Change the color of the teeth: sometimes the teeth may have a slight ocher color, either naturally, or due to a lifestyle (cigarette, coffee …) or to medical treatments (for example the repeated absorption of high dose antibiotics). Traditional launderings may not be enough or not bring convincing results for the most difficult cases and in these cases, veneers are a very effective solution.
- To modify the shape of the teeth: the teeth can be naturally too small, too short or have sometimes been broken or cracked due to accidents of everyday life. This technique can then reshape the shape of the smile and harmonize these differences effectively. Once laid, they invariably mask all the imperfections and the dentist in Janakpuri can give them any harmonious shape and conducive to a beautiful smile.
- Improve alignment: they also effectively replace orthodontic treatments and easily correct slight misalignment but also holes between teeth when they are unsightly or irregular.
Dental facet: before after
In any case, for all the problems they can answer, the comparison “before-after” is always striking and will be for your entourage a source of positive surprise. The aesthetic interest is always evident when doing this comparative exercise before and after faceting. In any case, the best dentist in Janakpuri you can ask for should be able to show you the expected results.
What is the laying procedure?
When it comes to changing only the color of the teeth, 2 or 3 steps are sufficient to achieve the facet installation and achieve the desired goal.
The more complex projects (modification of the alignment of the teeth, covering of broken teeth, change of forms … etc.) call for a more important aesthetic project and the tests will inevitably be more numerous: in general the dentist in Delhi will realize a mask to be able to test in almost real conditions and to make sure that the facets manufactured are
It is absolutely necessary to make a complete point with your oral surgeon in Janakpuri before you start and that it perfectly details you the necessary steps and the time to devote to it. In cases, however, the procedure is much less cumbersome and quicker than setting a crown or implant.
In general, we can summarize the project in the following steps:
- A first contact that allows you to pose the problem and your expectations and where the dentist will take cues, photos, fingerprints and an X-ray of the mouth to make a molding that will serve as a basis for work and testing later.
- During the second meeting, the molding will have been transformed into a gutter. This will allow by filling a resin that hardens after a few minutes and placing it in the mouth of the patient, to achieve the necessary mask for successive tests. This mask is essential for the preparatory work of the dentist but also for you, in order to give you a preliminary and fairly precise idea of the future result.
- The preparation of the teeth is sometimes necessary in terms of heights and dimensions and it is necessary to cut them to be able to harmonize these dimensions and to welcome correctly the future facets. But it is also necessary to “scratch” the teeth to eliminate enamel so that the glue that will fix the elements adheres perfectly and makes the whole very solid in time. This phase is done in a few tens of minutes and without much pain if it is not a small discomfort in the mouth when polishing the enamel.
- The actual fitting of the facets is done quite often under local anesthesia: it is not a painful operation in itself but the inconvenience caused to the patient and the required precision require to proceed thus, in order to avoid any movement of rejection or untimely. This phase is quite long and can last 1 to 2 hours for the installation of many facets because this operation is very precise and delicate. The glue acts very quickly and the practitioner’s gesture must be safe and fair in order to position the facet adequately and harmoniously. But rest assured, they are widely trained in this gesture and the result is often immediately satisfactory. The last 2 steps can be done at the same appointment. In total, it will take 2 to 3 appointments from 1 to 2 hours only at your dentist in Janakpuri, to radically change your teeth.
Nevertheless, we will see later that there is today a type of veneer, dental dandruff veneers that arise more simply and in only two appointments.
What possible contraindications?
All specialists agree that there are very few contraindications to the installation of this kind of product. Sometimes the lack of enamel can be a problem to effectively hold the facets. This lack may be due to genetic disease (rare) or the excessive consumption of acidulated drinks.
In these specific cases, the adhesive adheres in a more fragile way and may call into question their installation or their behavior over time. In any case, this highlights the need for good oral hygiene.
Nevertheless, in the case of a scanty enamel, the Lumineers veneer solution is, therefore, an interesting possibility of relief. In any case, a good professional will guide you and find a solution to guide you to the most appropriate technique for your situation.
What maintenance and durability over time?
The facet comes to marry the gum line, there is no adaptation time or other. So you can do your daily care immediately after the pose, as before, without any changes.
The brushing must be natural even if the first days it is normal to fear to move the facet (but it is almost impossible if the pose was neat and effective). You must then proceed in the same way as before the veneers were installed:
- use a quality toothbrush and renew it regularly
- use dental floss and dental spray
- perform regular descaling in the dental clinic in Janakpuri.
The care of your teeth is absolutely not optional: it is not because you have sublime facets that you must neglect your hygiene. On the contrary, take care of your smile to preserve it in time.
These solutions have a lifespan of between 10 and 20 years on average and according to their quality of manufacture and the care taken in their installation. It is obvious that you have a large responsibility in this lifetime: the maintenance of your teeth even after the faceting is the first factor of the longevity of them.
Composite or ceramic?
The use of these two types of materials is quite possible even if they have some differences. The composites are made using a kind of paste that has significant malleability properties and will adhere naturally and spontaneously to the tooth.
The practitioner can then give it the desired shape by modeling it accurately and then it will be hardened with a halogen lamp. Polishing will be done only when this paste is hardened.
Composites are much cheaper than ceramics, as we saw above, but the aesthetic aspect is sometimes less convincing and the lifespan of this material is of the order of 5 years. Nevertheless, it is a solution that can be useful as an inexpensive alternative or waiting to have the budget to switch to ceramics.
An effective solution against problems related to bruxism (grinding of teeth)
Bruxism is a condition that manifests itself in an unconscious and repeated the movement of tightness and/or friction between the jaws. This infinite repetition causes important and premature wear of the dental enamel by the continual friction of the upper jaw against the lower jaw.
The facets of installation is often a way to deal with the consequences of bruxism by giving thickness to the tooth in compensation for the lost enamel. But it does not stop bruxism.
In all cases of bruxism, the best dentist in Janakpuri will certainly recommend the use of a gutter at night, in order to preserve the installed shells and not to damage them.
The advantages of dental facets
These aesthetic solutions have the undeniable advantage of preserving intact the healthy structure of the teeth, without devitalizing them, and while making their appearance (whiteness, alignment, shape …) more attractive and harmonious in a very natural, not very visible, reliable and very durable.
It is therefore easy to summarize in a few points the positive effects of the advantages of using this technology:
- It offers immaculate whiteness, transparent transparency
- It contributes very positively to the overall appearance of your smile
- It increases your self- esteem and your confidence in you
- It causes significantly less tooth structure loss than a crown or any other solution
- The treatment is painless and non-abrasive (usually it is performed without anesthesia)
- It offers great resistance to all types of food stains and dental caries
- It resists shocks and protects against cold and hot sensations too pronounced
The installation of this kind of products on your teeth is a solution that deserves its success and will allow you to find a bright smile and a harmonious form of your teeth. This aesthetic choice is not only a long-term investment, safe and healthy but also an easy act to implement, without major constraint and without operative pain: it is all the more accessible to the greatest number.